I helped a fellow TA out who needed the Alphabet displayed in her classroom so I showed her my Number Owls and asked her if she wanted Alphabet Owls. All I needed to change were the numbers, to letters, and because less were needed than the numbers, I made them bigger so they fit 2 to a page instead of 4.
- First, I Googled Owls and found some cute owls in a variety of colours and saved them all in a file on my USB. Keeping them all in the same place makes it so easy for you.
- I then opened up Publisher in portrait and added 2 different owl images to each page (insert a new page when needed).
- Then, insert a text box and type in your first letter (both capital and lower case) deciding on your font style and size. I chose Comic Sans ms sizes 150 or less depending on the letter.
- I then copied and pasted the text box again and placed it on the other owl, changing the letters.
- Then she printed, cut, laminated and (again) cut them all out. When you cut the owls leave a little white border, and then when you cut the laminated owls, leave another border to stop the pouch from splitting.
Unfortunately, my original file was created on Publisher so I won’t be able to give you guys the download (as seen in the featured image above). I have, however, created the first 2 pages (Aa, Bb, Cc & Dd) in a Powerpoint format so after downloading it, you just need to add more owls, copy and paste the text boxes that I’ve already created for you (you’re welcome :))