When I started designing my Super Mario classroom a couple of years ago, I thought about the basics which were the alphabet, days of the week, months of the year, numbers, etc…after that came up with more specific ideas aimed at the Year 3 curriculum.
This was quite easy, but looking back, I did it the most complicated way 😁. *Super Mario styli* “Here we go!”
- First I downloaded the Super Mario Font that I wanted and saved it to my laptop. The font is called Chlorinap. Saving it means you can instantly select and type in that font on Microsoft programmes.
- I then opened up Microsoft word and typed all of the letters I needed, spaced out, choosing a font size.
- Then I printed out my letters. (A shortcut may be filling in the letters on Paint so you don ‘t have to colour them yourself- I did this for other DIYs)
- Next, using Sharpies, I coloured in my letters in order using the colour pattern; Red, Yellow, Green, Blue. ❤️💛💚💙
- I cut each letter out, laminated and then cut again. You can laminate the word as a whole, but I don’t like the excess laminate you can see around the letters so I did them all separately.
- Finally, blue-tack to the wall and voila! 😊