Princess Peach is usually the Damsel in Distress, but this time she’s being the hero using her mushrooms to teach us about Punctuation! :p
Like many of my resources, it’s good old Powerpoint with a picture inserted and text box added.
- First I Googled Princess Peach and pink Super Mario mushroom and found the above images. I saved them to my USB.
- Then I opened Powerpoint and inserted a picture of the pink mushroom. I adjusted the size so it filled the whole page.
- Also saved to my USB, I Googled Punctuation Definitions and found a download to copy them from. I also used a Grammar Dictionary for some extras.
- Next, I inserted 2 text boxes (1 for the Punctuation symbol, the 2nd for the name and definition). I used Comic Sans MS and changed my font size depending on how long the definition was. This was placed in the centre circle on each mushroom.
- To make it easier to do all of the mushrooms, I right clicked on the complete first slide in the left side Slide View section, and selected the option Duplicate to add the same slide under the current one. I just edited the symbol and text for each new slide.
- These mushrooms were printed, cut, laminated and then cut again.
- I also printed the image of Princess Peach (laminated) for the display.
- Lastly, for the title, I already had the Super Mario Font (Chlorinap) installed on my laptop so I opened Paint and wrote Princess Peach’s Punctuation. I filled in each letter in a pattern of yellow, blue and pink (all pastel-type shades). This was printed and laminated in 3 different sections which were joined together when blue-tacked up.
- Finally, Princess Peach, her title and mushrooms were blue-tacked to a cupboard door for everyday use.
Here’s 2 of the mushrooms done (Full Stop. & Question Mark?), and a 3rd slide with a template for you to use.