This is more of a DIY for the start of the school year. As well as the children’s drawer labels, you might have a range of drawers that you use for resources, so here’s the download for the labels above: Drawer Labels, or you can make your own using the steps below.
- Open up Microsoft Word, Publisher or Powerpoint.
- Insert a Text Box and decide on the size, outline style/colour by either double clicking on the box and selecting Drawing Tools/Format above or by right clicking on the box and selecting Format Shape. Remember, drawers vary in size so make sure you make your labels the right size.
- Click inside the box and decide on a font and font size (I tend to use Comic Sans MS). Type in your first label to check the font and size.
- Right click on the box and select copy/(ctrl c), then click somewhere outside the box and right click again selecting paste/(ctrl v). Doing this will make it easier for you because all you’ll need to do for the rest of your drawers is change the label name/colour (and maybe the size depending on the label name).
- When you’re happy with them, simply print, cut, laminate and cut again. Then just blue-tack them onto the front of your drawers.